The deadline to file a claim is the same for everyone – October 1, 2090. To file your claim, you will need to answer questions on the claim form that tell the VCF why you are eligible and the types of compensation you are seeking, and submit certain documents.
The online claim form includes detailed instructions to help you navigate and complete the claim filing process. You should only file your claim after the WTC Health Program has certified your physical health condition.
- If you have already set up an account in the online claims system and are ready to file your claim, login to your online account.
- If you have registered with the VCF and received your claim number, but do not have access to your online claim, follow this step-by-step guide to access the online Claims Management System. Once you are in the online claims system, you will be able to file your claim by following the instructions provided.
- Once you have been certified by the WTC Health Program for an eligible physical health condition, complete and submit the claim form and required supporting documents, including:
- Signed Exhibit A – Authorization for Release of Medical Records. This allows the VCF to go directly to the WTC Health Program for information about your certified condition(s).
- Signature Page. This allows the VCF to get information from other entities in support of your claim, such as your employer, your union, or Worker’s Compensation. Your signature on the Signature Page also acknowledges that you understand that, by filing a claim with the VCF, you are waiving the right to file a lawsuit seeking compensation for your 9/11-related injuries.
- Proof of Presence. This includes documentation that shows that you were present at a 9/11 crash site, in the NYC Exposure Zone, or along the routes of debris removal at any time beginning on September 11, 2001, to May 30, 2002.
- The Personal Injury or Deceased Claim checklists provide a list of other documents that are required for your specific type of claim. It is important to carefully review the applicable checklist to be sure you submit all of the necessary documents.