While you do not need a lawyer to submit a claim to the VCF, some claimants choose to work with an attorney. Information here is of particular interest to law firms and attorneys who are representing VCF claimants. Attorneys representing claimants are encouraged to check this page periodically for updates and new information.
Forms and Resources
- Law Firm Payment Instructions- instructions if your firm has an agreement with the claimants you represent that VCF payments will be made directly to a law firm bank account.
- Instructions for Accessing Pre-Populated Client Authorization Form
- Exhibit C - Attorney Certification of Compliance with Provision on Limitation on Attorney Fees.
- Change of Attorney Form - due to change of attorney.
VCF Transformation Information for Law Firms
The VCF Transformation is dedicated to improving the claimant experience, reducing the time to issue awards to claimants, and ensuring the long-term sustainability of the VCF through 2090. The Transformation will include a more straightforward claims process, enhanced automation, and a new, modern claims system, myVCF. For more information on Transformation specific to law firms, please visit the Transformation Information for Law Firms page.
Claims Management System (CMS) Info
- Online Claims System Acceptable Use Policy
- Create a new account or view existing claims
- Claim Status Definitions - definitions for each claim status in the online system
- All CMS Guides, Overviews, and Tip Sheets
CMS Enhancements - Tip Sheets
- Online Claims System Enhancements - February 2023
- Online Claims System Enhancements - November 2019
- Online Claims System Enhancements - October 2019
- Online Claims System Enhancements - May 2019
- Online Claims System Enhancements - March 2019
Communications to Law Firms
- VCF Leadership Announcement - March 10, 2023 – March 10, 2023
- Email - VCF Releases Eleventh Annual Report - February 6, 2023 – February 6, 2023