June 21, 2023: Updated to include that NYSLRS will only accept original or court certified Letters of Administration.
May 26, 2023: Removed text next to Claim Form Appendix A stating "only required if filing a hard copy claim form".
Updated the document checklist to remove the need for originals, including Exhibit A, and removed Exhibit 1 from the minimally required document list.
November 15, 2022: Notable updates include:
- Updated information regarding documents to prove presence.
- Changes related to NYSLRS members and documents to support claims for lost earnings.
- Removed references to NYCERS/NYSLRS worksheet and Union and Defined Benefit Plan worksheet as these documents are no longer needed for these claims.
- Added reference to new Lead Personal Representative Form.
- On Deceased Checklist – added clarifying language re: life insurance.