We have added this page to our website to provide a single place where you can find the latest information about the reauthorization of the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund (“VCF”). We encourage you to check the website and this page frequently for updates.
Key facts about the Reauthorization:
- Online Registration is still available and claimants must meet their applicable registration deadline in order to preserve their right to file a claim in the future. The deadline for filing a claim has been extended to December 18, 2020.
- Claimants with “Group A Claims,” defined as claims for which a loss determination was issued on or before December 17, 2015, will receive full payment of their loss amount. More details can be found in the reauthorization-related FAQs.
- The VCF is still reviewing claims submitted prior to the reauthorization, but we cannot render any new compensation decisions until our policies and computation methodologies have been updated to reflect the new law.
- The law specifies that the VCF cannot begin accepting new claims until the Special Master publishes updated regulations that reflect the changes required by the law. The regulations must be published by June 15, 2016.
- Funding to pay Group B claims will not become available until all Group A payments have been made.
Links to more Information:
- May 24, 2016 Message from the Special Master: Update on Reauthorization Activity
- March 1, 2016 Message from the Special Master: Update on Group A Payments
- February 22, 2016 Message from the Special Master: Update on VCF Reauthorization
- December 30, 2015 Message from the Special Master: VCF Reauthorization
- Timeline showing key VCF activities over the coming year (updated: February 22, 2016)
- Reauthorization-related Frequently Asked Questions
- Registration Deadlines
- Online Registration System