As of March 19, 2020
The VCF remains operational at this time, although we expect delays in all areas of claims processing. Please read the information below, and continue to check this website for updates.
- VCF Helpline: The Helpline remains operational Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. We expect higher than normal call volumes and appreciate your patience. Please do not leave a voicemail message for a call back unless you have a time-sensitive issue relating to your claim.
- Payment Processing: The Special Master understands the concerns many claimants may have about the impact on VCF payments. We are continuing to process payments each day and are coordinating with our partners to minimize any delays.
- Hearings: Please wait to hear from the VCF about your hearing and do not call the Helpline with questions about hearings. Out of concern for our vulnerable claimant population, we are cancelling in-person hearings until further notice. If you have a hearing scheduled during the month of March, a VCF team member will contact you or your attorney (if applicable) to reschedule the hearing. Compensation hearings are currently being conducted by telephone on a trial basis. Eligibility hearings will not be conducted by phone, except for expedited claims, and will be rescheduled.
- Outgoing Correspondence and Appeal Deadlines: The VCF is mailing letters on a daily basis and all deadlines contained in the letters remain in effect at this time.
- Incoming Mail: We do not expect any delays in the processing of incoming mail.
We appreciate your patience as we focus on the health and safety of our employees, and work to adjust to changes in schedules and work locations.